Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 10: Last Day of Camp


Pictures from Andy Alligators last night

The past two weeks have been so much fun for everyone. The students gained knowledge about a range of Earth’s cycles through hands-on activities, experiments, and demonstrations. The campers really enjoyed the college campus and atmosphere. Below are a few quotes from students talking about these two weeks:



“I learned a lot from the camp and I really enjoyed it.”

“I really liked going to the Arbuckle Mountains because you can drink straight from the springs.”

“My favorite part of camp was going to the Wichita Mountains because I got to learn about how and why types of rocks form.”

“Camp was fun; I got to go the mountains. I liked all the outdoor activities and the food was ok…”

“The counselors were really nice, fun, and awesome. I am going to miss them!”

“The food was good. I liked the French fries and tater tots.”

“The ice cores activity was really cool because you could see how old they were in the summer and winter.”

The counselors and staff have really enjoyed working with all the kids this week. It has been a true pleasure. Every student is very talented and unique with great potential. I cannot wait to see wait to see what their future holds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment